Whether you’ve been on a summer holiday, a weekend away or an impromptu trip abroad we all get the horrible holiday blues upon our return, it might be on the journey home or once you step foot in the door but don’t worry I’m here to share my tips to banish those cruddy feelings or just take your mind off being back to the everyday.
1. Unpack ASAP! I used to live out my suitcase for about a week after I got back from holiday (don’t panic I always did my washing though) but found that it’s really therapeutic to just get everything out, put it in its place and get that bulky luggage out of your sight, because a big suitcase don’t half take up a lot of space!
2. Chat about your holiday, share your snaps! Everyone loves showing people their holiday photos and there are so many ways to do it these days, facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so make people jealous of your trip! I find a good “I’m home” phone call to your mum or best friend really helps and they can fill you in on anything interesting that happened while you were away.
3. If you are still not back at work for a few days, relax, don’t give yourself too much to do, if like me you tend to be a sofa sloth then catch up on some TV or watch your fave DVD. Also try and get early nights because at least when you do get back to work you’re not fighting off the sleep monster as well as trying to get back into the swing of things.
4. Activities. If you are someone who loves being busy then plan some fun things to do in the coming weeks, if that’s exercise then get back into it by signing up to a new class. you could meet up with friends or family for afternoon tea somewhere, which kills two birds with one stone, you’re out of the house and chatting about your time away.
5. Plan your next trip! Yes that’s right, begin thinking about your next holiday! It might not be until the following year or it could be a few months down the line but getting excited for some more time away always replaces the blues with excitement!
Even before we’d left Hungary me and G decided to plan our trip back next year which I’m super excited for as we want a 2 week holiday to soak up that beautiful Balaton sun.
Do you have you any tips for banishing the holiday blues?